Current Affairs May 2021 eBook [2410+ Questions Included]
Purchased 43 Times
- MCQ’s With Explanation: Current Affairs May 2021 = 350 MCQs
- Current Affairs Quiz: May 2021 – Practice – I = 450
- Current Affairs Quiz: May 2021 – Practice – II = 400
- Current Affairs One-Liner: May 2021 = 460
- GK One Liner = 700
- The first batch of Russia’s coronavirus vaccine, Sputnik V, arrived in Hyderabad on 1st May 21. Dr Reddy’s Laboratories has partnered with the makers of Sputnik V to roll out the vaccine in India.
- The World Health Organisation has given the go-ahead for emergency use of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- The 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) was suspended by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) owing to the rise in COVID-19 cases among players and support staff of different franchises.
- In West Bengal, TMC chief Mamata Banerjee was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of the state for the third consecutive term. Ms. Banerjee has become the second woman in the country to be sworn in as Chief Minister of any state consecutively for three terms after former Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dixit.
- DMK chief MK Stalin was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, along with 33 members of his cabinet, by Governor Banwarilal Purohit.
- In Puducherry, Mr. N. Rangasamy was sworn in as the Chief Minister by the Lt. Governor of Puducherry Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan.
- Senior BJP leader Himanta Biswa Sarma was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Assam. Governor Prof. Jagdish Mukhi administered him the oath of office.
- The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has approved the emergency use of drug 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG) as an adjunct therapy in moderate to severe Covid-19 patients.
- Former Union Minister and Rashtriya Lok Dal Chief Ajit Singh passed away today after battling with corona virus.
- China has successfully landed its rover on Mars. The China National Space Administration (CNSA) said its rover Zhu Rong had successfully landed in the pre-selected landing area in the Utopia Plain in southern part of Mars.
- At least six people died in Karnataka and Goa as Cyclone Tauktae intensified into a “very severe” cyclonic storm.
- The 2022 FIFA under-17 Women’s World Cup will be held in India from October 11 to 30, 2022.
- Subodh Kumar Jaiswal today took charge as the Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He has been appointed as Director for a period of two years.
- All children who have lost both their parents due to Covid-19 will be supported under the ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme, the PMO said in a statement today.
- India becomes 2nd country after US to administer over 20 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine.