Current Affairs March 2019 eBook [1660+ Questions Included]
eBook Downloads: 193
- MCQ’s with the explanation: 450 MCQs
- Practice Quiz – I = 260 MCQs
- Practice Quiz – II = 300 MCQs
- Current Affairs One-Liners: 650 One-liner
- Important Abbreviations for all Competitive Exams
- Static GK: History, Sports, Polity, Economics.
- Static GK: Polity
- Important National and International days and dates Mar 2019
- Major news and events: Mar 2019
- Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot Abhinandan Varthaman who was captured by Pakistan after an air encounter between the countries on Wednesday, 27 Feb 2019, returned to India on 01 Mar 2019. He became the first IAF pilot to shoot down an F-16 fighter jet during an aerial combat with the Pakistani Air Force.
- Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj attends the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation or OIC meeting. India for the first time addressed the OIC meeting in Abu Dhabi.
- Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019 concluded on March 4, 2019 with the sixth and final “Shahi Snan” (royal bath) held on the occasion of Mahashivratri. The world’s largest religious and cultural human congregation, ‘Kumbh 2019’ began at Prayagraj (erstwhile Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh on January 15, 2019.
- Virat Kohli broke former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting’s record to become the fastest to score 9,000 international runs as a captain.
- India returned with 368 medals, including 85 gold, at the Special Olympics World Summer Games, held at Abu Dhabi, UAE which concluded today.
- The national election will be held in seven rounds from 11 April and the results will be announced on May 23. Voting will be held across India on April 11, April 19, April 23, April 29, May 6, May 12 and May 19.
- Goa Chief Minister and Former Defence Minister of India, Manohar Parrikar dies after long illness. He was diagnosed with a pancreatic ailment. He was 63 years old.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 27, 2019 announced that India has established itself as the world’s 4th largest space superpower. The Prime Minister stated that the feat is historic, as till now, only three countries in the world – United States of America, Russia and China have achieved this.
- The President Ram Nath Kovind on March 11, 2019 conferred the Padma Awards 2019, one of the highest civilian awards of India, to 112 awardees.
- Forty-nine people are dead and many are seriously injured after a heavily armed gunman opened fire during prayers at a mosque in the center of Christchurch, New Zealand.
- BJP’s Pramod Sawant elected as the new Chief Minister of Goa.