Current Affairs May 2020 eBook [2950+ Questions Included]
eBook Downloads: 85
#1 Best Seller in Current Affairs
- MCQ’s With Explanation: Current Affairs May 2020 = 500 MCQs
- Current Affairs Quiz: May 2020 – Practice – I = 450
- Current Affairs Quiz: May 2020 – Practice – II = 400
- Current Affairs One-Liner: May 2020 = 600
- GK One Liner = 1000
- At least 11 people were killed and over 1,000 are sick after gas leaked overnight at a chemical plant in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on May 8 inaugurated 80km long road that will curtail the Kailash-Mansarovar pilgrimage time. The road link is from Dharchula (Uttarakhand) to Lipulek (China Border).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a special economic package worth over 20 lakh crore rupees and 10% of India’s GDP in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) on May 13 had warned the countries around the world that coronavirus may never go away and the world will have to learn to live with it.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a Rs 1,000 crore “advance interim assistance” for West Bengal after he undertook an aerial survey of the areas ravaged by Cyclone Amphan that has killed 80 people in the state.
- India became the second largest producer of Personal Protective Equipment in the world. China is the leading producer of PPE in the world. India is now producing 2.06 lakh PPE kits every day.
- Chhattisgarh’s first Chief Minister Ajit Pramod Kumar Jogi passed away this afternoon at the age of 74 years.
- Astrologer Bejan Daruwalla passed away on Friday 26 May 2020 at a hospital in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar at the age of 90.
- Union Minister for Road Transport Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 440 metre-long tunnel, constructed below the Chamba town as part of the Chardham Connectivity Project.
- Moderna Coronavirus Vaccine becomes the first in the world to show positive results by generating immune response against the SARS-CoV-2 Virus (COVID-19).
- The Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on May 15 commissioned Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) sachet and two interceptor boats C-451 and (IBs) C-450 in Goa. The event took place via video conferencing from Delhi.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, India, has been elected as Chair of the Executive Board of World Health Organization for the year 2020-21. This took place on 26 May 2020, during the 147th session of the Executive Board.