Current Affairs August 2020 eBook [3140+ Questions Included]
eBook Downloads: 38
- MCQ’s With Explanation: Current Affairs August 2020 = 400 MCQs
- Current Affairs Quiz: August 2020 – Practice – I = 450
- Current Affairs Quiz: August 2020 – Practice – II = 450
- Current Affairs One-Liner: August 2020 = 650
- GK One Liner = 1190
- Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee passed away on August 31, 2020, after testing positive for COVID-19. The Veteran Congressman had undergone emergency surgery to remove a brain clot on August 10 after testing positive.
- Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has died after battling an illness at the age of 64.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi performed Bhoomi Poojan and laid the foundation stone of Grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya on 05 Aug 2020. With this ceremony, the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya starts today.
- About 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate were stored in the Beirut port warehouse that exploded, devastating large parts of the Lebanese capital and killed more than 100 people and 4000 others injured.
- Senior BJP leader and former Union Minister Manoj Sinha appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir after Girish Chandra Murmu resigned yesterday.
- US President Donald Trump has signed executive orders banning popular Chinese apps like TikTok and WeChat, terming them a threat to national security and to the country’s economy. The ban comes into effect in 45 days.
- Dr. Pradeep Kumar Joshi took oath as Chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- Eighteen people, including both pilots, were killed after an Air India Express flight from Dubai carrying 190 people skidded off a table top runway in heavy rain and broke into pieces on Friday evening at Kozhikode airport in Kerala.
- Russia became the first country in the world to register a COVID-19 vaccine. Russia has developed the first vaccine offering “sustainable immunity” against the coronavirus, President Vladimir Putin announced today. Moscow has dubbed its new coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a platform to honour the honest taxpayers of the country. According to the government, the “Transparent Taxation – Honoring The Honest” platform will initiate major tax reforms aimed at bringing transparency in income tax systems and empowering taxpayers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the longest-serving non-Congress prime minister in India. PM Modi has surpassed BJP leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee who served 2,268 days in Prime Minister’s Office.
- India celebrated 74th Independence Day today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi hoisted the national flag at the ramparts of the historic Red Fort in Delhi and addressed the nation.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has approved 84 gallantry awards for defence personnel, including nine Shaurya Chakra. The Kirti Chakra has been posthumously awarded to Abdul Rashid Kalas, Head Constable, Jammu and Kashmir Police.
- MS Dhoni has announced his retirement from international cricket. MS Dhoni had last played international cricket in the 2019 World Cup. Dhoni, who had announced his retirement from Tests in 2014, has played 350 ODIs and 98 T20Is. In 350 ODIs, Dhoni has scored 10773 runs at an average of 50.57. He has 10 centuries and 73 fifties to his name.
- Former cricketer and UP cabinet minister Chetan Chauhan died on Sunday due to COVID-19 related complications at the age of 73. He played 40 Tests for India.
- The chief of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security Rakesh Asthana has been appointed the Director General of Border Security Force
- Shinzo Abe has resigned as the Prime Minister of Japan due to his worsening health condition. He is the longest serving Prime Minister of Japan.