Current Affairs January 2021 eBook [2500+ Questions Included]
eBook Downloads: 19
- MCQ’s With Explanation: Current Affairs January 2021 = 360 MCQs
- Current Affairs Quiz: January 2021 – Practice – I = 450
- Current Affairs Quiz: January 2021 – Practice – II = 450
- Current Affairs One-Liner: January 2021 = 600
- GK One Liner = 645
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the world’s first Double Stack Long Haul 1.5-Kilometre long Container Train hauled by electric traction from New Ateli -New Kishangarh through video conference.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Centre has merged J&K cadre for all India Services with that of Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT).
- An Indonesian budget airline plane with 62 people on board is suspected to have crashed into the sea shortly after the Boeing 737 took off from Jakarta airport.
- Supreme Court has put a stay on the implementation of the three farm laws until further orders. It has also set up a committee of agricultural experts to facilitate talks between the Centre and farmers’ unions.
- India’s first Air Taxi service has been launched in Chandigarh which was inaugurated by Manohar Lal Khattar at the Chandigarh Airport launched under the UDAN scheme of the government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches World’s largest COVID-19 vaccination drive in India. The COVID-19 vaccination drive began with a health worker from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) becoming the first person in the country to get the covid-19 vaccine.
- Union Government has decided to celebrate the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as ‘Parakram Diwas’ on 23rd of January every year.
- India announced that it will supply COVID-19 vaccines under grant assistance to Bhutan, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and Seychelles.
- Joe Biden took oath as the 46th President of the United States of America. His deputy Kamala Harris was also sworn in as 49th Vice-President of the country. Kamala Harris made history as America’s first woman and first person with south Asian roots to take the office of the Vice President.
- President has approved awards of 455 Gallantry and other Defence decorations to Armed Forces personnel and others. These include one Mahavir Chakra, 5 Kirti Chakras, 5 Vir Chakras and 7 Shaurya Chakras also. Colonel B Santosh Babu, the Commanding Officer of 16 Bihar Regiment, who lost his life during the Galwan Valley clash last year, will be posthumously awarded with Maha Vir Chakra.
- Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth, the first woman in India to qualify for combat mission in a fighter jet, became the first woman fighter pilot to participate in the Republic Day fly-past.
- Former Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe and late singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam have been honoured with India’s second-highest civilian award Padma Vibhushan this year.