Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) Course commencing in 2020 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. Candidates will be awarded admission in Colleges of Nursing based on the merit cum choice, subject to medical fitness and the vacancies in each College. The selected candidates shall execute an Agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service. On successful completion of nursing training (4years), the candidates will be granted Permanent/Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. They shall have to refund the Bond money as per the Bond executed in the event of withdrawal from the Course, termination of training or refusal to accept Commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
Subsequent to passing the final year University examination for B Sc (Nursing) Course, the candidates will be offered Commission in the Military Nursing Service subject to medical fitness. The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of Commission for the candidates. The date of Commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the Course in the same year. The tentative month of declaration of result of the existing six Colleges by the Universities is as given in the table below:-
Military Nursing Service Exam Important Date
|Notification Date||14 Nov 2019|
|Last Date||02 Dec 2019|
|Admit Card Date||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Written Exam Date||Apr 2020|
|Personal Interview||May 2020|
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorced/legally separated/ widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality – Citizen of India
- Date of Birth – Born between 01 Oct 1995 and 30 Sep 2003 (both days inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Candidate must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory / Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the Course.
MNS Selection: Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type Online Computer Based Examination of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Apr 2020, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence. On the basis of merit of Online Computer Based Examination, candidates will be called for interview during May 2020. Final selection will be based on the combined merit of Online Computer Based Examination & Interview, subject to medical fitness of the candidate, choice & vacancy in each College.
Interview & Medical Examination: Merit listed candidates of Online Computer Based Examination will appear for interview & medical examination at selected centres. Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT in medical examination will be informed about their medical status, including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD by the President of the Selection Medical Board (SMB).
Test Centres: The candidates are required to choose the examination centre from the list of centres provided while filling the online application form. Allotment of centers will be on “first apply-first allot” basis. If the number of candidates is inadequate/more than the capacity of a centre, the candidates opting for that centre will be allotted any other centre as per the administrative feasibility. No correspondence/requests regarding change of centre from any candidate will be accepted.
How to apply:
- Candidates may apply and pay the application fee online through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in which will be accessible from 14 Nov 2019 to 02 Dec 2019. The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select her own password. Candidates must remember their username & password for further correspondence.
- Only the Eligible candidates will be able to pay the online application processing fee of Rs 750/- (Rupees seven hundred and fifty only). On successful completion of online payment a bank reference number (DU Number) will be generated for the future correspondence of the candidate. (Online submission of applications & online payment of fee can be done till 5:00 PM on 02 Dec 2019).
- The Admit cards for Online Computer Based Examination will be made available on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by 3rd week of Mar 2020. No Admit card will be sent by Post.
The selection of the candidate for B Sc (Nursing) will however be subject to producing of the original Mark sheet/Certificate of the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent before final selection and meeting all other eligibility criteria. The selected candidates, if found not in possession of documents /mark sheets as per eligibility criteria, at the institution to which they report, the admission is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.