Indian Navy Recruitment Executive Branch [SPORTS] 2016. Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (sports) in Indian Navy for the course commencing Jan 2017 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidate to fulfill condition of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India.
Indian Navy Sports Recruitment Qualifications
- All sports other than Yachting and Wind Surfing: A candidate should have participated in Senior Level National Championships/Games in following disciplines:-
/Cricket/ /Diving/Water Polo/Kabaddi/Boxing.
- Yachting/Wind Surfing: A candidate must have at least one of the following qualifications:-
- Should have participated in a Senior National Championship conducted by YAI and secured a minimum of 5th position in Olympic classes.
- Should have represented India at the Asian Games or ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships and secured a medal in Youth/Olympic Classes.
- Should have attained a position amongst the top 50% of the fleet in a class of boat/windsurf completed at the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship.
Indian Navy Sports Recruitment Physical Standards
- Height & weight: Minimum height-157 cm, with correlated weight.
- Eye sight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Candidates should not be colour/ night blind.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
- There will be no relaxation in the physical standard.