Indian army recruitment for NCC Special Entry Scheme for cadets with NCC ‘C’ certificate. NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme COURSE-OCT 2016 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) FOR MEN & WOMEN (INCLUDING WARDS OF BATTLE CASUALTIES OF ARMY PERSONNEL).
Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE candidates and also from Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army under NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme Course – OCT 2016.
Vacancies- NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme
- NCC Men 50 (45 for Gen Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only).
- NCC Women 04 (10% vacancies of Women are reserved for Wards of Battle Casualty of Army Personnel only).
Eligibility- NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme
- Nationality. A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn on the disciplinary ground from NDA, IMA, OTA or any other Service Training Academy are NOT eligible to apply.
- Age Limit. For NCC candidates (including Wards of Battle Casualties)19 to 25 years (born not earlier than 02 Jul 91 and not later than 01 Jul 97). Note: The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualification- NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme
- For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders. (i) Educational Qualification. (aa) Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. (ab) Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Oct 2016. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate. Candidate should attach self attested photocopies of the certificate of 10th class for proof of age, Degree with all years/semesters marks sheets and NCC ‘C’ Certificate. Candidate should also attach certificate with their applications regarding CGPA converted to aggregate percentage of marks as per university rules from their institutes.
- Service in NCC. Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/ Wing of NCC.
- Grading. Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
Method of Selection- NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme
- All applications are to be forwarded to Recruiting Directorate (NCC Entry) through HQ Directorate General NCC. The NCC Units/Group HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ Directorate General NCC.
- Thorough screening/Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ Directorate General NCC.
- Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during shortlisting. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter Directorate General NCC and Directorate General Recruiting in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
- On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests. Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 5 days.
- Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the OTA, Chennai. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.
- The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General Recruiting and Directorate General Recruiting website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
How to Apply- NCC 40 Special Entry Scheme
- Apply on plain paper as per the format available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy. nic.in (downloads), duly typed.
- Applications should be posted to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State.
- DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Directorate General NCC. Special emphasis will be laid on the following points: – (i) Check date of birth from class X Certificate. (ii) Check Degree/Provisional degree is from a University recognized by AIU. (iii) Check marks sheets of all years/semesters and ensure that candidate has minimum 50% marks in the aggregate for all three/four years and in case of final year students 50% marks in aggregate for two/three years. (iv) Check NCC ‘C’ Certificate with minimum ‘B’ Grading.
- Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg ‘A’), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination/percentage of marks in degree examinations.
For more information/queries regarding allotment of Selection Centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. or contact Tele No (011) 26173215,26175473 (between 2 PM to 5 PM Monday to Friday) Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army), West Block –III, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066.
For more details check employment newspaper of 19 Dec 2015.