AFCAT 2 2018 Original Questions Shift-1 and Shift-2. AFCAT 2 2018 is being conducted online for the aspirants who want to join the flying, technical and GDOC branches of the Indian Air force. AFCAT 2 2018 is being conducted by the CDAC online at different online examination centre in two shifts. Shift 1 from 8:00 AM and Shift 2 from 13:00 PM, candidates from the 1 shift and 2 shift will be facing a different questions papers. Like always, SSBCrack has collected and published the AFCAT 2 2018 original questions from defence aspirants who have attempted the exam today. You can find the AFCAT 2 2018 questions and answers from Shift-1 and Shift – 2 18 Aug 2018.
How To Prepare for SSB Interview:
- AFCAT 2 2018 Cut off Marks Expected
- AFCAT 2 2018 Questions and Answers
- AFCAT 2 2018 Official Cut Off Marks
These questions will help the aspirants who are preparing for the future exams like AFCAT 1 2019 and AFCAT 2 2019. Also, aspirants who have their AFCAT exam scheduled for 19th August 2018 can also refer to the question came in 18th Aug 2018 AFCAT question paper. Candidates can go through AFCAT 2 2018 questions and answers, we will keep updating this post as and when we get more questions from AFCAT 2 2018. We request aspirants to submit the questions in the comment section below. You will find AFCAT 2 2018 English Maths GK and Aptitude Question Papers and answer from them from shift-1 and shift-2.
AFCAT 2 2018 Questions and Answer [ORIGINAL]
- AFCAT 2 2018 Questions are updating now
- Indian hockey captain in 1928 – Jaipal Singh Munda
- What is biome? – a large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna occupying a major habitat, e.g. forest or tundra.
- Mike Powell long jump record in meters? – Mike Powell 8.95 m (29 ft 4 1⁄4 in) (1991)
- First ever women PM in the world? – Sirimavo Bandaranaike became the first women PM in the world. She became the PM of Sri Lanka(then Ceylon).
- What is the Radcliffe Line? – The Radcliffe Line was the boundary demarcation line between the Indian and Pakistani portions of the Punjab and Bengal provinces of British India. It was named after its architect, Sir Cyril Radcliffe, who, as the joint chairman of the two boundary commissions for the two provinces, received the responsibility to equitably divide 175,000 square miles (450,000 km2) of territory with 88 million people.
- Who was the first posthumous recipient of Bharat Ratna ? – Lal Bahadur Shastri
- In which year Goa is taken by India? – The Annexation of Goa was the process in which the Republic of India annexed the former Portuguese Indian territories of Goa, Daman, and Diu, starting with the “armed action” carried out by the Indian Armed Forces in December 1961.
- Baltic cup related to? – The Baltic Cup is an international football competition contested by the national teams of the Baltic states – Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Also Finland has participated as a guest twice.
- Hook pass is related to which game?- Basketball
- Hindu Sanskrit Book Natya Shastra is written by?- Bharata Muni was an ancient Indian theatrologist and musicologist who wrote the Natya Shastra, a theoretical treatise on ancient Indian dramaturgy and histrionics, especially Sanskrit theatre. Bharata is considered the father of Indian theatrical art forms.
- How many timeouts can a team take in volleyball? – Maximum of 2 timeouts per game for a team is allowed. Time out lasts 30 seconds. In official international competitions, two 60 seconds technical time-out are used when the leading team reaches the 8 or 16 point mark.
- What caused the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre? – The Jallianwala Bagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, took place on 13 April 1919 when a crowd of nonviolent protesters, along with Baishakhi pilgrims, who had gathered in Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab, were fired upon by troops of the British Indian Army under the command of Colonel Reginald Dyer.
- Daksh Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) – Daksh is an electrically powered Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) designed and developed by the Indian state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at the Research and Development Establishment (Engineers), Pune, India.
- What was the term used for measurement of land in the Delhi Sultanate period? – Masahat
- Riga is the capital of which country? – Latvia, with Riga as its capital city, thus declared its independence on 18 November 1918. Between World War I and World War II (1918–1940), Riga and Latvia shifted their focus from Russia to the countries of Western Europe.
- Who was the founder of Brahmo Samaj? – Raja Rammohan Roy founded Brahmo Samaj in Calcutta on 20 August 1828. It was more of a reformist movement of Hinduism which later got divided into adi Brahmo samaj and sadharan Brahmo samaj.
- Where is Indira Point located? – Indira Point is a village in the Nicobar district at Great Nicobar Island of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. It is located in the Great Nicobar tehsil. It is the location of the southernmost point of India’s territory.
- JAXA is an aerospace agency of which country? – Japan
- India became a member of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) as a founding member in 1966. The Bank is engaged in promoting economic and social progress of its developing member countries (DMCs) in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Vitamin which is responsible for blood clotting? – vitamin K affects the clotting mechanism by being essential for the production of four distinct clotting factors: prothrombin, factors VII, IX and X.
- Oldest Veda? – The Rigveda is the oldest work, which Witzel states are probably from the period of 1900 to 1100 BCE. Witzel, also notes that it is the Vedic period itself, where incipient lists divide the Vedic texts into three (trayī) or four branches: Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva.
- Which act is known as the Black Act? – The Anarchical and Revolutionary Crimes Act of 1919, popularly known as the Rowlatt Act and also known as the Black Act, was a legislative act passed by the Imperial Legislative Council in Delhi on March 18, 1919, indefinitely extending the emergency measures of preventive indefinite detention, incarceration without trial and judicial review enacted in the Defence of India Act 1915 during the First World War. It was enacted in light of a perceived threat from revolutionary nationalist organisations of re-engaging in similar conspiracies as during the war which the Government felt the lapse of the DIRA regulations would enable.
- Jallianwala bagh massacre happened due to which act? – Rowlatt Act
- Taseometer used to measure? – taseometer is an instrument to measure strains.
- Characteristics of coal – Coal is a black, inhomogeneous, organic fuel, formed largely from partially decomposed and metamorphosed plant materials. Formation has occurred over long time periods, often under high pressures of overburden and at elevated temperatures.
- Mont Blanc is situated in? – Mont Blanc, Italian Monte Bianco, mountain massif and highest peak (15,771 feet [4,807 metres]) in Europe. Located in the Alps, the massif lies along the French-Italian border and reaches into Switzerland.
- Ten cities will have hosted the Olympic Games more than once: Athens (1896 and 2004 Summer Olympics), Paris (1900, 1924 and 2024 Summer Olympics), London (1908, 1948 and 2012 Summer Olympics), St. Moritz (1928 and 1948 WinterOlympics), Lake Placid (1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics), Los Angeles (1932, 1984 and 2028).
- Island between Russia and Japan ? – The Kuril Islands dispute, also known as the Northern Territories dispute, is a disagreement between Japan and Russia and also some individuals of the Ainu people over sovereignty of the South Kuril Islands.
- “Double fault” is related to which sport? – The term double-fault can be an adjective referring to: double fault (computing), a fault that occurs during processing of another. double fault (tennis), two consecutive faults during service.
- ‘Lona’ is the term associated with which sports? – Kabaddi
- Which place is the Key to the Mediterranean Sea? – Gibraltar is the key to the Mediterranean Sea. It is 3 miles (5 km) long and 3/4 mile wide and is connected to Spain by a low, sandy isthmus which is 1 mile long.
- Capital of Estonia? – Tallinn became the capital of an independent Estonia. After World War II started, Estonia acceded to the Soviet Union (USSR) in 1940, and later occupied by Nazi Germany from 1941 to 1944.
- War fought between Sshershah and Humayun in the year 1540AD? – Battle of Kannauj (1540 A.D.) – Sher Shah Suri defeated Humayun.
- Jude Felix is a famous Indian player in which of the fields? – Jude Felix was captain of the Indian Hockey team from 1993 to 1995.
- What are the five colors on the Olympic flag? – The rings are five interlocking rings, colored blue, yellow, black, green and red on a white field, known as the “Olympic rings”.
- 1st Asian games held at? – The Asian Games, also known as Asiad, is a continental multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia. The Games were regulated by the Asian Games Federation (AGF) from the first Games in New Delhi, India, until the 1978 Games.
- Satyajit Ray received Bharat Ratna in which year? – Satyajit Ray received an Academy Honorary Award in 1992 followed by the Bharat Ratna the same year.
- The light year is unit of ? – The light-year is a unit of length used to express astronomical distances and measures about 9.5 trillion kilometers or 5.9 trillion miles. As defined by the International Astronomical Union (IAU), a light-year is the distance that light travels in vacuum in one Julian year (365.25 days).
- Women who won first medal in olympic in india? – The first Indian woman to ever win an Olympic medal was Karnam Malleswari who won a bronze medal at the Sydney Olympics in the Women’s 69 kg category in Weightlifting.
- Degree of tropic of cancer? – The Tropic of Cancer is the circle marking the latitude 23.5 degrees north, where the sun is directly overhead at noon on June 21, the beginning of summer in the northern hemisphere.
- In the Rigveda, the Maruts are known as storm gods.
- Who is known as the Little corporal?- Little Corporal, Napoleon Bonaparte. So called after the battle of Lodi, in 1796, from his low stature, youthful age, and amazing courage.
- Member of lok sabha during first election?
- No. Of constituencies in india during the first indian parliament election? – The first general elections, which were conducted for 489 seats in 401 constituencies, represented 25 Indian states. At that time, there were 314 constituencies with one seat, 86 with two seats and one with three seats. The multi-seat constituencies were abolished in the 1960s. There were also 2 nominated Anglo-Indian members.
- Author of the underground railroad? – Colson Whitehead
- In which country Baikonur cosmodrome is located? –The Cosmodrome is the world’s first and largest operational space launch facility. The spaceport is located in the desert steppe of Baikonur, about 200 kilometres (124 mi) east of the Aral Sea and north of the river Syr Darya. It is near the Tyuratam railway station and is about 90 meters (300 ft) above sea level. Baikonur Cosmodrome and the city of Baikonur celebrated the 63rd anniversary of the foundation on June 2, 2018
- First indigenously built fighter aircraft by India? – The HAL HF-24 Marut (“Spirit of the Tempest”) is an Indian fighter-bomber aircraft of the 1960s. Developed by Hindustan Aircraft Limited (HAL), with Kurt Tank as lead designer. It is the first Indian-developed jet aircraft, and the first Asian jet fighter to go beyond the test phase and into successful production and active service. On 17 June 1961, the type conducted its maiden flight; on 1 April 1967, the first production Marut was officially delivered to the IAF.
- The difference between compound interest and simple interest in the 3rd year at a rate of 10% is 77.5 rupees is??
- Two horses sold at 1200/-each . first one on a profit of 20% and second one is in 20%loss .the overall profit/loss in percentage is? – 4% loss
- the intial price of a colour tv is three time of that music system ,now if price of tv is increase by 10% and music system by 18% ,then find the profit loss % on buying 8 colour tv and 5 music system?
- The average of 5/16 and 3.6% is?
- A and B make a 221 metre in 100/ 9 day . They both working on alternate days A starting the work make the same wall in 89/4 days . They both work together make a wall of double length to that wall and get 1800 rupees find the share of B in it??
- Efficiency of A,B and C is in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the ratio of the time in which they complete the work?
- Someone purchase egg in ₹100. 20% eggs break. Now on how much he should sold the remaining egg to get net profit of 10 %?
- A bank give 16% interest per annum compounded semi annually. What interest a man get on amount of ₹10000 in 2 years?
- If a stream takes 5 hours from A to B ….. And 3 hours from B to A …….if a wood log left at B and it start from B at 6:00 monday then at what time it will reach A?
- √ 0.0081+ √ .0064=?
- If there is 25% increase in the cost of sugar by what % consumption should be decreased in order to maintain expenditure?
- Average marks of a class are 70. if average marks of fail students are 40 and pass student is 80 marks. find % of pass students?
- Population of a village increase 5% annually . if in2016 population 1852200 , find population in 2014?
- If the difference between CI and SI is 77.5 Rs in 3yrs at 10% p.a . Ffind the sum ?
- An alloy has an element in 2:3 in how many steps will A be more than 50% increase 20% of A and 5% of B each time ?
- Avg of 3.6 and 20% is?
- A man brought 2 horse 4 1200 each if he gives 10% discount he gets 10% profit.. wat is the % of loss or gain if he gives 20% discount?
- A mixture of 250 ml of milk and water is 7:2 if water is added to the mixture the ratio becomes 7:3 …what amount of water is added to the mixture?
- Average age of 25 studnts is 16yrs …if a teacher is added the average age becomes 18 yrs …if another teacher is replaced dat teacher wat is the age of new born teacher?
- (0.0081)1/2 + (0.0064)1/2 = ?
- √6140+√6554 = ?
- 729ml of milk contains milk and water in ratio 7:2 how much water is to be added in the mixture to make the ratio 7:3?
AFCAT 2 2018 Odd One Out
- Admiral, Colonel, Commodore, and Commander.
- HENRY BEQUEERAL, OTTO HOHN, MADAM CURIE, EINSTEIN
- prism, cube, cone and sqaure
AFCAT 2 2018 Synonym
AFCAT 2 2018 Antonym
AFCAT 2 2018 Idioms
- By dint of
- At dagger’s drown – to have enmity
- At sixes and sevens
Venn Diagrams :
- Haryana/ Gurgaon/Punjab/Ludhiana
|Exam||Subject||Duration||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||02 Hours||100||300|
|EKT(For Ground Duty Technical Branch only)||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical and Electronics||45 Minutes||50||150|
Syllabus of the AFCAT 2018
- English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases
- General Awareness: History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
Standard of AFCAT 2018 Question Paper:
- The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level. The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level (Indian University).
- The Online examination will consist of objective type questions and will be in English only for both AFCAT and EKT
AFCAT 2018 Marking Scheme
- Three marks for every correct attempt
- One mark for every incorrect attempt
- No marks for unattempted questions
Questions will be based on the metric system of Weights & Measures wherever applicable. Candidates must appear for the Online AFCAT in person. Under no circumstance will any scribe or another candidate be allowed to appear/ assist in the exam. Air Force has the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
AFCAT Exam Schedule: The AFCAT (and EKT) will be conducted in two shifts as per the following schedule:
|Activity||18 Aug 18||19 Aug 18|
|1st Shift (AFCAT)||2nd Shift (AFCAT)||1st Shift (AFCAT)|
|Candidate Reporting Time||08:00 AM||13:00 PM||08:00 AM|
|Verification of Admit Card & ID Proof, Biometrics, Photo/Thumb Impression/ Sign on Attendance Sheet & Candidate Seating in Exam Hall||08:00- 09:30 AM||13:00- 14:30 PM||08:00- 09:30 AM|
|Reading of Instructions by Candidates||09:30- 09:45 AM||14:30- 14:45 PM||09:30- 09:45 AM|
|AFCAT||09:45- 11:45 AM||14:45 -16:45 PM||09:45- 11:45 AM|
|Reading of Instructions by Candidates for EKT||–||–||12:00- 12:15 PM|
|EKT||–||–||12:15 -13:00 PM|
- AFCAT 2 2018 Cut Off Marks
- AFCAT 2 2018 Answer Keys