Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test, popularly known as AFCAT, twice every year. As the name suggests this test is conduct for and by Indian Air Force. The purpose of this test is to recruit officers (both men and women) for three branches (and their sub-branches) of Air Force namely Flying, Technical and Ground Duty. Let us see in detail what are the major information related to this test AFCAT 2 of 2017.
AFCAT 2 2017 Notification and Exam Date
- Date of Notification: 4th June 2017
- Start of receipt of applications: 4th June 2017
- Last date for the receipt of applications: 30th June 2017
- Date of Exam: 28th Aug 2017
- Expected date of result: 28th Sep 2017
AFCAT 2 2017 Exam Age Limit
- Flying Branch – Age: 20 to 24 years as on 01 Jul 2018 i.e. Born between 02 Jul 1995 to 01 Jul 1998 (both dates inclusive). (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and Current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1992 to 01 Jan 1998 (both dates inclusive).
- Technical Branch– Age: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jul 2018 i.e. born between 02 Jul 1992 to 01 Jul 1998 (both dates inclusive).
- GDOC– Age: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jul 2018 i.e. born between 02 Jul 1992 to 01 Jul 1998 (both dates inclusive).
How to Apply: Online only, from the career website of IAF (www.careerairforce.nic.in)
What Posts you can apply for: You can apply based on your age and educational qualification for the post of commissioned officers in the Flying, Ground Duty and Technical Branches of Indian Air Force.
Minimum Educational Qualification: However the qualification differs for different posts yet the minimum qualification is Graduation.
Age: Starting from 20, the upper limit varies for different branches.
Exam Pattern: One common test of 100 questions, to be solved by all candidates in 2 hours. Technical Branch candidates have an addition test of EKT, both tests are objective. Successful candidates get a chance to appear for AFSB, and recommended candidates can be called for training based on their rank in the merit list and subject to medical fitness.
Syllabus: The questions asked in the common test contain basic Mathematics, English, Science, Geography, History, Current Affairs and Reasoning. EKT has basics of engineering. You can download the previous year’s question papers from the career website of IAF.
Exam Date: Last Sunday Feb 2018
Results: The results for AFCAT 2 2017 can be expected by end of March 2018.
Read AFCAT 2 2017 Official Notification
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT