Indian army official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in has published the SSC 18 tech women notification for female engineering graduates. Applications are invited from unmarried female Engineering Graduates and also from widows of Defence Personnel for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course commencing in Oct 2016 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
SSC 18 Tech Women Eligibility
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: (i) SSC(Tech)-18 Women :-20 to 27 years at the time of commencement of course. Born between 02 Oct 89 and 01 Oct 96 (both dates inclusive). (ii) For widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation- SSCW (Non-Tech) – 19 to 29 Years. Born not earlier than 02 July 87 and not later than 01 July 97 (Both dates inclusive).
- NOTE -1: The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
- NOTE-2: No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Engineering Degree or appeared in the final year examination of Engineering course. The candidates appearing in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted for on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate.
SSC 18 Women Tech How To Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Click on Officer Menu then go to How to Apply and then click ONLINE APPLICATION. Fill the online registration form. Note down the user id and password. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you click on ONLINE APPLICATION. Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- Documents are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:- (i) One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affix photograph attested by Govt Gazetted Officer. (ii) Attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof. (iii) Attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet. (iv) Attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree (v) Attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters (vi) Certificate from the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and final exams will be over by 01 Oct 2016 for final year appearing candidates. (vii) Equivalence certificate from the concerned university to claim equivalence to the notified stream. (viii) All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself. Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, her candidature will be cancelled.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for her reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
- Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 09 Dec 2015 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 08 Jan 2016 AT 1700 HRS
Read more on SSC 18 Tech Women